If all the water that we have is not potable then how would we survive? It’s a high time that we should go for conservation of these resources, optimize the usage and let it not go down the drain.
But the question that arises is how? Do you know that Reverse Osmosis removes almost 90% of harmful contaminants from make it safe for drinking but to produce Reverse Osmosis, our RO machines have to expel four to eight times the water we get for drinking into waste? Need to find some innovative techniques to recycle reuse and save this effectively thus not only reducing our wastage but also helps in reducing this global crisis! Again, charity begins at home. So, start from your home. Let all family members imbibe some good saving habits in a thoughtful manner. Here are a few tips for that:
- Store RO waste water in some buckets and utilize it for washing your clothes. Sounds difficult! Not really. Trust us, it does not damage your clothes. In fact salty water makes it ideal for washing or rinsing and also no harm is done to your washing machine
- Again, store waste RO water in buckets and use them for gardening. Ooh! You think it’s hard water so not good for delicate plants. Then first try it on bushes and small trees so that you keep a check on growth of plants.
- Of course, car washing and mopping can be easily done with RO water waste. In fact, people prefer to use salty water to clean the floor.
- Washing your utensils with a mix of normal and RO is also good idea.
- Another big step can be using this mixed in your bathroom’s commode. It may look a bit difficult but if you have an overhead and water upwards back in your tanks where it gets mixed with normal. This can be reused for all your cleaning and bathroom purposes.
- Don’t you think that this will save tones of water as you are not using soft water for all the above mentioned tasks at your home?
So put them to your best use and see yourself how much soft and potable we are able to save. Adapting them in our daily life and also making others aware of these methods will really bring a positive change in recent situation of water crisis globally.